- To Portray the growth of Science & Technology and their application in Industry and Human welfare, with a view to develop scientific attitude and temper and to create, inculcate and sustain a general awareness amongst the people.
- To popularise Science and Technology in cities, urban and rural areas for the benefit of students and for the masses.
- To supplement Science education given in schools and colleges to foster the spirit of scientific enquiry and creativity among the students.
- To collect, restore and preserve important historical objects which represent landmark in the developement of Science, Technology and Industry.
- To conduct research in Science and Technology in the areas pertaining to the activities of the council and to evaluate traditional Science and Technology in the light of modern scientific and technical concepts.
- To establish centres for developement of Science exhibits and Demonstration aids.
- To render assistance to Universities, Technical institutions, Museums, Schools and Colleges or other bodies in planning and organising Science Museums and also in training of personnel for Museum profession.